Monday, May 8, 2023

Jordan River Utah Temple

My First Temple

My own endowment in 1995 at the Jordan River Temple

A Relief Society trip in 2014 at the Jordan River Temple


I received my own endowment at the Jordan River Temple.  It is located at 10200 South Temple Drive in South Jordan, Utah.  It was dedicated in 1981, and rededicated in 2018.   I chose to receive my endowment at the Jordan River Temple because the Bountiful Temple didn't open until my wedding day, so I chose the next closest temple besides the Salt Lake Temple.  I received my endowment 3 days before my wedding day.

I have attended the Jordan River Temple many times since then.  I love the landscape paintings that hang in the temple, the stained glass, and the absolutely spectacular view from the temple at night.  When we attend the Jordan River Temple, we usually like to eat at Mod's Pizza, which is very closeby.  We had a funny experience related to this temple!  Jamey's fiance Ellie also received her endowment at this temple.  Jamey was on his way from work and called us on his drive over.  James and I were eating dinner at Mod Pizza.  He said he'd arrive at the temple soon.  We headed to the temple, got dressed and went to the chapel.  We met Ellie's grandma and other relatives in the chapel.  We didn't see Jamey, though.  We headed up with the group to the endowment room and I told the workers standing outside the door that my son wasn't there yet.  They said, "that's all right, he can go on the next session."  I said, "no, this is his fiance's living endowment session!"  They said, "oh, OK, let's go find him!"  They took James to search for him.  I went in the endowment room and saw Ellie there, looking around nervously, obviously wondering where Jamey was!  Then finally, after waiting for what felt like a very long time, Jamey and James came running in, and the session began.  We found out after the session, that Jamey had driven to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, thinking it was the Jordan River Temple.  He got dressed and went in the chapel.  When he didn't see anyone he recognized he went to talk to a temple worker.  They figured out that he was at the wrong temple!  He raced out of the temple and sped to Jordan River, and barely made it into the session!  He was certainly lucky to have made it!  It will always be a memory that we can laugh about for years to come!

2023

Rebecca and Teancum at the Jordan River Temple


2023, Teancum, me, Rebecca, James, and Ellie


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....