Saturday, April 8, 2023

Rexburg Idaho Temple




Rexburg Idaho Temple, 2009

My sister in law Michelle and I at the Rexburg Temple in 2009

Rexburg Idaho Temple

Rexburg was my 18th Temple in 2009
In 2009 my Ricks College roommates and I decided to have a roommate reunion in Boise.  On the way there, I attended the Rexburg temple for the first time.  It was my 18th temple.  The Rexburg Temple was dedicated in 2008.  It is located at 750 South 2nd East in Rexburg.  I attended the temple with my sister-in-law Michelle, who lives in Idaho Falls.  James and I went back to Rexburg a couple years later, but the temple was so busy that he ended up not being able to get in for initiatories, so he waited in the lobby while I did initiatories.  I also brought my son Ethan to Rexburg to tour Rick's College and to attend the Rexburg temple.  When my sons were called on missions I took each of them on a "temple tour" after they were endowed.  That way they got to attend lots of temples before heading out on their missions.  I took Ethan to Salt Lake, Logan, Idaho Falls, Rexburg, Star Valley, Provo, and Bountiful.

When my daughter Rebecca was preparing for her mission, I took her on a temple tour that also involved the Rexburg Temple.  We went on an endowment session there and it was a very special experience, because two ladies were receiving their own endowment.  We walked into the endowment room and quickly heard one of the ladies start sobbing.  We realized that two young men who had walked in after us were the reason for her outburst.  Ladies on either side of us leaned over to tell us that the two young men who walked into the room behind us were the two missionaries who had baptized these two ladies a couple years earlier, and they had surprised them by attending their endowment.  Most of the people in the endowment session were members of their ward.  It was a joy to be in the Celestial room and watch these ladies hug all of the people who had played such a huge part in their conversion to the gospel, especially these two missionaries who had made the trip to be there for this special day.

My favorite things about the Rexburg Temple are the beautiful chandeliers in the Celestial Room, and the mural in the endowment room - especially the swans and the deer.  While we were in Rexburg we walked around campus so that Rebecca could see my old dorm and some of the buildings that I had classes in.  We drove around town, which has changed a lot since my college days, and we ate lunch at Freddy's, which wasn't there when I was there, but is always a fun place to eat because of their awesome custard and steak burgers!  When I was attending Rick's College, I always felt like Rexburg was a little utopia.  It is quite a bit bigger now, but still has a great feeling.

My son Ethan in 2017



The Rexburg Temple


My daughter Rebecca at the Rexburg Temple in 2023

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....