Saturday, April 8, 2023

Vernal Utah Temple

Vernal Utah Temple, my 17th Temple

2018, James and I with our son Micah and his wife Jancy

2017

The Vernal Temple was the first temple to be built from an existing structure.  It used to be the Uintah Stake Tabernacle Building.  It was dedicated as a temple in 1997.  I didn't attend this temple until 2007.  It was my 17th temple.  It is a unique temple, just as the Provo City Center Temple is unique.  I don't have photos from my original visit in 2007, but I have been to this temple a total of 3 times.  For many years it was the closest temple geographically to our home, about 3 1/2 hours, but over a mountain pass that closes during the winter and is sometimes terrifying to drive over.  

If you visit Vernal to attend the temple, and have a couple extra hours, drive a few miles north out of town to the trailhead for Moonshine Arch.  It is a short hike and the arch is worth the visit.  If you're hungry, B Fruity has delicious smoothies and crepes!  I have only stayed overnight in Vernal once, and we stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott there.  It was unique and very nice.  

underneath Moonshine Arch just outside of Vernal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....