Monday, March 13, 2023

Star Valley Wyoming Temple

The Temple



My daughter Lizzie at the Star Valley Temple in 2016


My 32nd temple, 2017

The Star Valley Temple lit up at night, through the fog and mist

2017

Three of my boys at the Star Valley Temple open house in 2016

Star Valley Temple Open House

Star Valley Temple Open House

Our family at the Star Valley Temple open house

 Many years ago, James and I made the goal to attend the temple at least once every month.  This was very difficult because we lived in the center of Wyoming, hours away from temples in every direction.  But we kept our goal, traveling to all of the surrounding temples at least once every month, with our several kids.  You can imagine our excitement when it was announced in general conference in October 2011 that we would be getting a temple in Wyoming!  We were very excited to finally have a temple within our stake, although I admit it isn't much closer to us than the other temples that we already traveled to, and we still continued to usually travel to other temples (now the Casper temple is only a little more than two hours from our house!).  But we were able to attend the open house of the Star Valley Temple in 2016, and then also be part of the temple dedication in 2016!  James and I first attended the temple for a session in January of 2017.  We have been to the Star Valley Temple several times since then, usually when we are in the area for one of our kids' sporting events.  It is a small temple, and the thing I like the very best about it is its very beautiful location with the amazing Wyoming mountains behind it.  It might be the most beautifully situated temple that I have ever seen!  I also really love the stained glass windows.  Whenever my kids ran cross-country races in Star Valley, I really liked to get photos of them running with the temple in the background.

Temple Trips

We always stay at the Fairfield by Marriott when I visit Star Valley.  It's a nice hotel with a good breakfast, and it's only minutes away from the temple.  There are not a lot of restaurant options in Star Valley.  Doing a google search I've found some interesting looking options, but they were a half hour from the temple, so I opted to stay near the temple.  You should try the Red Baron drive-in at least once.  It's a drive-in car hop service, or diner that is very popular in the area.  The burgers and shakes or floats are very good, although it's definitely not healthy food!  We parked and used the car hop service, and that was actually pretty fast and pretty fun.  Their location is perfect because it is right across the street from the temple.  We have also tried the Salt River Grill, which is almost next door to the temple, and is delicious!  I loved their chicken primavera.  
menu at Red Baron drive-in across the street from the temple

Red Baron drive-in across the street from the temple


2018






2020, my daughter Rebecca running a cross country race in Star Valley - fun view of the temple behind


2023










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....