Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Cedar City Utah Temple

 The Temple

My 44th Temple









For our 27th wedding anniversary in 2022 we traveled to Cedar City Utah to attend my 44th Temple.  It is located at 280 S Cove Dr. in Cedar City.  It was dedicated in 2017, so is relatively new.  It reminded me a little bit of the Star Valley Temple.  I expected the weather to be warmer in Cedar City, but I guess we would have traveled an additional hour to St. George for the warmer weather in January.  We did an endowment session at the temple.  

The Trip

We were in Cedar City for two nights, so we had time to do a little exploring in the area.  I did some research to find an arch in the area, and even though there was snow, we went to find it.  It's called Mitchell Arch and it's in Parowan Utah.  It took us a long time to find it -- we ended up hiking in circles through deep snow -- and then when we did find it, we walked only a mile back to our car.  :)  If we ever went back, I'm sure we could find the arch much more quickly.  It was a fun adventure though.

pretty view at one point of our hike, searching for Mitchell Arch

the backside of Mitchell Arch

a little cave I found while we were exploring

underneath Mitchell Arch


Mitchell Arch


James on top of a smaller arch near Mitchell Arch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....