Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Twin Falls Idaho Temple

The Twin Falls Temple, in 2023


My college roommate Amy and I at the Twin Falls Temple in 2009, my 20th Temple


The Twin Falls Temple, 2009

Amy and I in 2009

Twin Falls Temple

 In 2009, my roommates from my time at Rick's College decided to have a roommate reunion!  We decided to meet in Boise, so I went to Idaho Falls and picked up my roommate Amy, and we traveled together to Boise.  We met up with April and Mary there and had a great time hanging out again!  They are some of my very best friends!  On our way home from Boise, Amy and I stopped in Twin Falls and attended the Twin Falls Idaho Temple.  The Twin Falls Temple was dedicated in 2008, and it is located at 1405 Eastland Drive North in Twin Falls.  This was my 20th temple in 2009.  A few years later, my husband James and I visited Twin Falls again and took some photos by Twin Falls, which is actually just one waterfall.  

Before my daughter Rebecca went on her mission, I took her on a temple tour and Twin Falls was one of the temples that we attended.  While we were in Twin Falls, we visited both the Shoshone Falls and the Perrine Bridge, which is the most famous bridge in Idaho.  I am afraid of heights, and I had a hard time at both places.  The overlook for the Shoshone Falls is on a platform, which does have a railing and is perfectly safe, but I was still pretty scared.  If you haven't been there to see the falls, though, you should make the trip and venture down to the platform even if you are afraid of heights!  I found out later that there was another viewpoint of the Shoshone Falls that we could have gone to that probably would not have felt quite as scary to me.  Now I know for next time!  

Perrine Bridge was beautiful.  My daughter dared to walk on the bridge, and she said that when cars would drive past she could feel the bridge sway.  I walked out on the bridge just far enough to take a selfie, and the rest of the time I was content to stay safely on the side or underneath the bridge.  While we were there, people were paragliding off the bridge, which looked pretty awesome but also terrifying! We didn't go to see Twin Falls, which is actually just one waterfall, on this trip but it sounds like it is only running sometimes because the power company keeps it shut down most of the year.  There are a lot of waterfalls in Twin Falls, so the next time I visit I should take the opportunity to see another waterfall!

My favorite thing about the Twin Falls Temple is the beautiful mural of the Shoshone Falls in the endowment room.  Rebecca and I were in a very large session and I was the very last person to leave the room, so I got to stand and admire the mural for a few moments.  This temple reminds me very much of the Brigham City Temple.  It also has a chandelier in the Celestial room that I think may be the most beautiful chandelier that I have ever seen! 

James in 2012 at Twin Falls


Twin Falls in 2012


2023










There are nice places for people to sit on the temple grounds and admire the beauty of the temple and its grounds.












My daughter Rebecca in 2023







The fountain with "twin falls"









Rebecca at Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls Idaho, 2023





waterfall adjacent to Shoshone Falls


The two waterfalls on top are called Bridal Veil on the left, and Brides Maid (or Train) on the right.  Below them the large waterfall is called Bridal Falls.

These waterfall are to the right of Bridal Falls and are called the Two Graces (2 on the left) and the Sentinel (on the right)

Rebecca standing at the viewpoint taking a photo of the waterfall adjacent to Shoshone Falls.  I have not been able to discover what the name of the other waterfall is.

Rebecca on the edge of the overlook

Snake River Canyon






view of Snake River Canyon from the Perrine Bridge overlook

Perrine Bridge with paragliders about to jump


Paragliders descending from the Perrine Bridge






Rebecca walking on the Perrine Bridge

Rebecca up on top of the bridge, 2023


Rebecca on the bridge in 2023

underneath the bridge

2023


The other side of the bridge

Snake River Canyon


on top of the Perrine Bridge

the walkway on the Perrine Bridge

the Perrine Bridge overlook

on the bridge

This is as far as I dared to go on the bridge.  My fear of heights took over



Rebecca and I on the Perrine Bridge

Rebecca and I at the bridge overlook, 2023


view from the overlook

Rebecca and I under the bridge

Paragliders off the Perrine Bridge:
More paragliders off the Perrine Bridge:
Panoramic view of Shoshone Falls:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....