Monday, March 13, 2023

Logan Utah Temple

The Temple



My 30th Temple, Logan Utah, 2015

After my son Micah's endowment session at the Logan Temple


Micah receiving his endowment in 2015


Micah's endowment session in 2015, my parents, James and I, Micah, and James' parents

The Logan Temple, 2015

 I had actually been to the Logan Temple before 2015 when my son Micah was preparing to go on his mission and chose this temple to receive his endowments.  I couldn't remember what order I attended my earliest temples, but I am guessing I probably first went to the Logan Temple in 1996 or some time around there.  The Logan Temple is special to our family because my husband James' parents were married there.  It is a funny story, actually.  On their wedding day, James' dad's parents asked them why they had chosen the Logan Temple to be married in.  They said, "because that's the temple you were married in."  They laughed and said, "no, we were married in the Salt Lake Temple."  So it became part of our family history quite by accident!  But we'll claim it anyway.  The Logan Temple is set atop a hill and reminds me of a castle.  My son Micah chose this temple for his endowment because of its stately appearance as well as our family's background with the temple.  The earliest photos I have of the Logan Temple are in 2010, but I may have even done baptisms there as a youth - I wish I could remember!  I have attended this temple many times.  The Logan Temple is located at 175 N 300 E in Logan.  It was dedicated in 1884 and rededicated in 1979.  My favorite thing about this temple is its castle-like appearance, but I also really love the painting near the entrance of the beautiful Logan area, with the temple in the center.  

I recently went on a temple trip with my daughter Rebecca before her mission and we enjoyed an endowment session at the Logan Temple, followed by lunch at a fun local restaurant named Jack's Wood Fired Oven.  We shared a delicious pizza and salad there.  In the past I've also loved to eat at the Olive Garden in Logan.

Rebecca in May 2023






Rebecca and I in 2023


















the pretty view of the mountains from the parking lot




2018, the Logan Temple with our son James


2018


James at the Logan Temple


heading into the Logan Temple, 2018

My son James when he first attended the Logan Temple in 2018

2018, the temple all aglow behind us

James' parents on their wedding day at the Logan Temple, 1963

2010

2020

2010

2013 at the Logan Temple

Fun place to eat in Logan

Jack's Wood Fired Pizza

salad at Jack's Wood Fire Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....