Thursday, March 16, 2023

Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple

 


2011, my 23rd temple


The Oquirrh Mountain Temple was dedicated in 2009.  My Call extended family attended the open house together.  The temple is located at 11022 S 4000 W in South Jordan.  It is very close to both the Jordan River and Draper Temples.  We had a funny experience related to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple in 2022.  My son James' fiance Ellie was receiving her endowments at the Jordan River Temple.  My son thought that the temple he saw all the time on his way to work was the Jordan River Temple!  He headed there, got dressed and went to sit in the chapel.  It was getting closer and closer to her endowment time and he wasn't seeing any family members so he started to worry.  He went to talk to a temple worker and she realized that he was at the wrong temple!  He had gone to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple thinking it was the Jordan River Temple!  Meanwhile, the rest of us were at the Jordan River Temple, headed into the endowment room, and my husband and I told a temple worker what was going on.  They took James to go look for our son James.  The rest of us waited in the endowment room for the session to start.  I know that Ellie was pretty worried, and she didn't know what was going on.  Finally James ran into the endowment room, and the session began!  

Our extended Call family at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House in 2009

2009, my family at the open house

My family at the temple open house, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple, 2009

2009

2018, my son James and I made a trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Me in 2018 at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple

From the Oquirrh Mountain Temple you can see the Jordan River and Draper temples.  I think we can also see the Salt Lake Temple in the distance.

fountain at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple


2018


2018, my son James and I headed into the Oquirrh Mountain Temple for a session


2018

In 2023 our family performed baptisms in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.























Then we went to Nielsen's Frozen Custard nearby:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....