Saturday, April 22, 2023

Manti Utah Temple

Manti Utah Temple

My 9th Temple

My family went to Manti when I was a little girl, to see the Manti pageant.  This pageant was discontinued in 2019.  My favorite thing about the Manti temple was the self-supporting winding staircase inside.  My husband's favorite thing is the dinosaur (a pterodactyl) on the wall in the endowment room.  This temple is located at 200 E 510 N in Manti.  It was dedicated in 1888 and rededicated in 1985.  It recently underwent major construction and was closed for quite some time, but then rededicated again in 2024.  These photos were taken in 2024.  The murals in the rooms were cleaned and restored, including the pterodactyl - there are actually multiple dinosaurs on the wall, I learned from a temple worker on our most recent visit!  This temple worker took us to see the winding staircase, which I actually found out that there are two of them!  We were only able to see one, though.























































The M on the mountain





When visiting Manti, there is really not much else to do.  It is a pretty drive to get there, but there isn't really even places to eat.  We went to Ephraim also, and asked a lady where she recommended eating and she laughed and said we should go back to Manti because we'd have better luck there.  We ended up going through the Arby's drive-thru, but of all the ridiculous things, they were out of roast beef!  Arby's out of roast beef?  Hopefully this doesn't happen often, but I admit we were disappointed that there wasn't more to do in Manti.  I guess the temple is really the only attraction there, and boy, is it worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taylorsville Utah Temple

Taylorsville Utah Temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple was my 58th temple The Taylorsville Utah Temple is located right off of I-215 in Utah....